Welcome to Nanit’s Community Spotlight series! Hear from our community members and ambassadors about their lives and how Nanit has helped them find a little more ease and a lot more rest. Share your story here.
Meet Textile Designer Lena Negron
Born with a love of fashion, I learned to sew and make for myself, culminating in my degree and opening my own business. For two years I designed and created custom pieces and seasonal womenswear collections, showing at art expos and Fashion Week-adjacent shows in Connecticut and New York City. After over 8 years in the corporate world full-time, I have become a dedicated childrenswear designer, innovating with safety and function in mind.
In my spare time, I teach yoga classes, lead do-it-yourself workshops, brew my own beer, and find ways to create in and around my home. I am always looking for the next topic to learn, the next project to complete, the next thing to create
What is your inspiration when designing new textiles?
I've been obsessed with fashion since my first dolls. I learned to sew to bring my ideas to life, majored in fashion design, and opened my own business. Childrenswear quickly became a category I love, because there's room for fun prints and colors—and nothing beats seeing an adorable baby in something I designed.
Tell us about the products you design at Nanit
I have had the privilege of working on a diverse range of products that cater to the needs of parents and their little ones. The product portfolio I’ve worked on includes:
Think of it as the superhero of baby clothing. We've got two types:
- Breathing Wear: These styles are like a snug, high-tech cuddle for your baby. They track your little one's breathing motion while keeping them comfy, ensuring both baby and parents get a good night's sleep.
- Sleep Wear: These are all about style and comfort. With seasonal prints and a design that grows with your family, they're like the fashion-forward cousins of baby clothes. I also work with our development teams to make sure most patterns are compatible to use with Breathing Wear!
LEARN MORE: Explore the Nanit Wear collection
Our sheet collection is where comfort, meets memories, meets innovation. We've got three fantastic types of sheets that are designed to make your baby's crib not just a cozy place to sleep but also a hub of creativity and connection.
The Nanit Rest collection includes the following crib sheet styles:
- Smart Sheets: These are like magic. Pair them with our Nanit Pro Camera, and you can watch your baby grow in real-time. It's like having your own little reality show right in the crib.
- Knit Crib Sheets: Super-soft and convenient, they're lightweight and even come with a portable bag. Perfect for playdates or when you're hitting the road.
- Nanit x Rookie Humans Collection: This one's a creative collaboration. We teamed up with Rookie Humans to turn crib sheets into whimsical backdrops. They're 100% cotton, vibrant, and just plain fun.
LEARN MORE: Explore the Nanit Rest collection
This one's a game-changer. It's a soft, organic cotton blanket that's perfect for capturing your baby's precious moments. Plus, it doubles as a cozy spot for tummy time and playtime on the floor. Lightweight with a little stretch, this blanket can follow you wherever you go. It's not just cute; it's Instagram-ready!
LEARN MORE: Meet the Milestone Blanket
My favorite parent-oriented products. Because parents are always on the move, we've got you covered:
- Travel Case: This compact case protects the Pro Camera and Flex Stand, fitting nicely into most diaper bags. Comes in a variety of colors, patterns, and fabrics to mix and match with your style so you can take Nanit with you wherever you roam.
- Traveling Light Case: For the jet-setters and multi-Nanit households, we've got a custom-molded travel bag that holds the Pro Camera, Sound + Light, and Flex Stand securely. It's your go-bag for all things Nanit. Just pack it up and roll.
LEARN MORE: Explore Nanit Accessories
Here at Nanit, we're not just about designing products; we're all about making parenting a whole lot easier and more reassuring. Our products are your go-to for peace of mind, comfort, and style, all rolled into one neat package.
Tell us about the most recent collection launch!
Our newest Nanit Wear collection (launched summer 2023) is called Data Driven. I was inspired by science and technology, and how it affects our daily lives. It all started with some really interesting pictures of chemistry equipment in pinks, blues, and purples, and I was inspired by how the colors went together. Then taking the Nanit twist, looking at how we use data to move forward.
This fall we’ll be launching our first-ever holiday pajama collection, with new prints and expanded sizing up to 5T so siblings can match!
LEARN MORE: Be the first to hear about new launches
Any Sleep Wear tips for Nanit Parents?
Snug-fitting sleep wear can be really comforting to babies, giving a similar sensation to a swaddle and helping them sleep. Sizes above 9M are nice and snug for comfort and safety, but our 100% cotton baby sleep wear will keep your little one nice and comfy all night.LEARN MORE: What your baby should wear for bedtime